Partial Dentures in Tulsa, OK
If you are missing teeth or are in the process of getting them replaced, then partial dentures from Tulsa general dentist Dr. Lebedoff might be the solution for you. A partial dentures is a removable, yet natural-looking dental appliance that helps restore the form and function of your jaw by replacing one or several missing teeth. Partial dentures are made from a combination of metal and acrylic - which gives them the strength to handle your needs to chewing and speaking, while also looking natural. Some partial dentures are entirely made from acrylic, these dentures tend to be less durable and structurally sound, but may be a solution for you depending on your situation.
Why Would I Need Partial Dentures?
If you are missing one or more teeth many things can happen including you bite no longer being even. The bite pressures shift in your mouth. Other teeth may begin to move to compensate for the gap in your bite. Because of this you may experience shrinking of both the soft tissues and the supporting bone near your missing teeth. This can actually alter your physical appearance and can lead to problems with your other teeth. A partial denture will keep the underlying structures of your mouth, such as your gums, jawbone, facial muscles, etc., active and engaged. It will help prevent further shifting of the other teeth your mouth, while giving you the confidence of having a beautiful, complete smile.
Other Benefits of Having Partial Dentures
Cleaning Your Partials Dentures Daily
Daily cleaning of your partial dentures is vital but is a simple process that will keep your gums healthy and your partial dentures looking great.
- Before cleaning, be sure to fill the sink with water or lay a soft towel down. Partial dentures may break if they fall and hit a hard surface.
- Rinse partial denture under warm (but not hot) water after each meal to remove loose food debris. Hot water can cause the denture to warp and not fit properly.
- They should be brushed daily with a soft toothbrush or soft denture brush.
- They can be brushed with warm water, soap or denture paste. Regular toothpaste is too abrasive and can cause scratches on the acrylic material.
- Cleaning tablets can be used while denture is soaking in water. These help to remove light stains and loosen plaque buildup. Be sure to follow the instructions on the label; each brand is different.
- After soaking, be sure to rinse thoroughly under warm water before re-inserting into mouth. Mouthwash may be used after rinsing with water to give a fresh taste and feeling.
Partial Dentures are an effective and natural looking solution if you are missing teeth and are in the process of getting dental implants to replace missing teeth. There are so many benefits to partial dentures. Not only will eating become easier again but the confidence it will add to your life will be worth the effort. At Skyview Family Dental we are here to answer any questions or concerns that you may have about partial dentures. We will help you find the solution that is right for you. Our dentist and staff has the experience to help advise you on the solutions that will help you and your family in your dental care needs. Contact your Tulsa dentist today and schedule an appointment at Skyview Family Dental.
$59 New Patient Special*
*Restrictions may apply. Call for details. Offer expires in four weeks.
$29 Emergency/ Toothache Exam*
*Offer covers exam only. Offer not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Expires in 4 weeks.