Dental Implants in Tulsa
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a permanent replacement for a missing tooth. Patients will be able to have a restored smile as the implant looks and function like a traditional tooth. Patients will work with Dr. Lebedoff to select a color for the tooth to help enhance your smile. We find that dental implants are an effective way to restore your smile and restore your confidence!
The Dental Implant Process
Patients will come to our office and receive an evaluation of their oral health to determine if they are candidates for dental implants. Certain patients may have health conditions that may require a different type of dental procedure to be used. If we find there is not enough bone density to hold the implant in place, which requires bone grafting. The bone will help to strengthen the area to ensure the dental implant will be successful. Following bone grafting, patients come back several months later to ensure the bone is ready for the procedure.
The dental implant procedure will involve anesthesia to numb the area. Dr. Lebedoff will then begin the implant process by surgically drilling into the jawbone and securing the implant in place. The implant is covered by an abutment, which will hold a prosthetic tooth in place. Dental implants are deemed one of the most successful dental procedures, with a 98% success rate. When performed by an experienced dental implant specialist like Dr. Lebedoff, you can be rest assured that the implant will be safely inserted and will be able to help restore your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are one of the only solutions for patients with missing teeth. If you do not want dental crowns or dentures, consider talking to Skyview Family Dental about dental implants in Tulsa. Here are some of the reasons why we recommend dental implants for missing teeth:
- Dental implants are a permanent solution for a missing tooth. Other dental procedures like dental bridges will eventually need to be replaced, and the anchor teeth can become vulnerable to decay.
- Dental implants only impact one tooth unlike a dental bridge which can implant one or two other teeth.
- Some patients can receive a dental implant in one or two appointments based on their oral health.
- Dental implants can be used to replace one or several teeth.
- Dental implants are used as the bridgework for partial dentures, or can be used as support for snap-in full dentures.
$29 Emergency/ Toothache Exam*
*Offer covers exam only. Offer not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Expires in 4 weeks.