It’s amazing how much a bright smile can boost a person’s look. Not only do people with white teeth have more confidence in their smile, but these people also tend to get a boost to their relationships and overall charm. Having clean, bright teeth can influence your ability to win people’s trust and interest. It can also make you appear more youthful and energetic.
At Skyview Family Dental, we love to improve our patients’ smiles! When you visit, we will make sure that you feel loved and welcomed. Whether you need teeth whitening or a full smile makeover, you will be pleased and amazed at all we can do for you and your smile!
- Less reliable
- Require much more time and many more doses
- Less expensive than professional whitening
- Over-bleaching can cause enamel erosion and gum sensitivity
- Creates faster, longer-lasting results
- Safest way to bleach teeth
- Can be more comfortable than take-home treatments
- Easiest way to measure a change and ensure a difference
- Allows for higher concentration of the bleaching agent
What is the Procedure Like?
Before we begin the whitening process we’ll need to prepare your teeth. We’ll thoroughly clean the teeth you want treated, and we’ll get rid of any visible plaque. We’ll also analyze the health and the condition of your mouth to check for any potential risks, like gum disease or severe tooth decay.
Once your mouth is all ready, we'll proceed with the following steps.
- We’ll place a cheek retractor in your mouth. This will expose the teeth that show when you smile.
- A liquid rubber dam or hardening resin will be painted onto your gums. This will protect them from the bleaching gel.
- We’ll apply the bleaching gel. This will remain on the teeth for 15 to 30 minutes.
- When the first application of gel is complete, we’ll wash it off. We’ll check to see how well the teeth are whitening, and see if another dose of bleaching gel is required.
- If more is necessary, we will then put on a second application of bleaching gel for another period of 15 to 30 minutes.
- Depending on the circumstances, we may use a strong light to enhance the effects of the whitening. This takes place after removing the second gel application.
- Once done, we’ll remove the cheek retractors. You’ll rinse your mouth and we’ll measure the results. Out of the total of 16 shades of teeth, your teeth can whiten between two and eight shades after this procedure. However, if you haven’t obtained a satisfactory level of whitening we’ll work with you to get the results you hope for. This can likely be reached with take-home bleaching trays or another whitening appointment.
Generally these steps are completely comfortable and pain-free. Most of our patients doze or watch TV during the treatment. Let us know if there’s anything more we can do to make sure that your experience is pleasant and comfortable!
$59 New Patient Special*
*Restrictions may apply. Call for details. Offer expires in four weeks.
$29 Emergency Toothache Exam
*Offer covers exam only. Offer not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Expires in 4 weeks.